Saturday, November 7, 2009

Epilepsy and a dead computer

Last weekend, my pug, Bianca, had three seizures in a row. She goes stiff and has no control of her bladder. Two years ago we thought it was her leg, but now the seizures are more pronounced and closer together. So the vet prescribed phenobarbitol. She will sleep alot for two weeks until her body adjusts to the medicine. She is more hungry and thirsty as the vet said. Just when she lost two pounds, now this. It makes our family very sad.

Then yesterday, our computer went wacky. It turns out to be a malware virus. This isn't the first time we've had a virus and spent hours on the phone. Once the Dell tech talked me though lots of things, we had to do a system restore. The computer tried to start with Windows 95 in stead of XP. I told Dell I didn't get a restore disc, I have a piece of paper that said so. I said yes to buy another disc and Norton AntiVirus. Well,we are tired of all the headaches we have been having.

So my daughter, Angela, went on line on her Notebook and ordered us a MAC. Years ago we had a Mac and I was very happy with it. My husband only understood Windows. Now we can use a window version on the mac and we ordered one. It is a good thing we have a lap top.

I was paniced for moment fearing I lost all my pictures, but they are saved in Photoshop and Picasso. Yeah!

Back to sewing. I made two Wheels of Chance, one for me and one for the Block Party. I put on a binding and now I'll do my Thimbleberries block of the month.

I'm off work until Thursday and looking forward to exercise, blogging, and quilting. I hope my migraine goes away. Pugs and kisses,

No comments:

Post a Comment