Sunday, October 18, 2009

PIQF

It was a busy two days at the quilt festival. Once again, no pictures, but I don't want to put the quilts on my blog without permission.

Friday we shopped the vendors and made some purchases. I didn't buy a lot because I have so much to do (and finish) at home. That was a 10 hour day, plus one hour more because of commute time.

Yesterday Pat, Barbara, and I were there for 13 hours. We re-visited several booths and looked at the quilts. To me, they were an inspirational and self doubt. I like to make traditional quilts, but the industry is going art quilts and they do not interest me at all. I guess, like fashion, the traditional quilts will make a comeback in ten years. Until then I will work on my piecing and pressing and explore the use of color more.

More to follow about our Saturday night. Pugs and Kisses

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way! In our quilt group last month, someone mentioned how the fabric trends were changing. They may be, but I'm not. I am just like you. Traditional all the way! I don't have it in me to change.

    ReplyDelete